Managing Cloudflare Origin CA certificates

followed this link for adding cloudfare origin ca certificates…

but when checking the certificate it showing wrong vaidity period, i choose 30 years default when creating the certificate, but when i checked the browser the date is 2021 as the expiry date…
please let me know what should i do to show the correct certificate date…

Simply revoke the certificate and create a new one.

yesterday created one and i revoked and added a new certificate…still showing wrong date… Under edge certificates showing 2 certificates, dedicated and universal , and under origin certificate *.mydomain.com (ssl_tls.crypto_hosts) expiry date 2035-07-06…

The edge certificates are not relevant here. If your Origin certificate shows that date it is fine.

but when checking in chrome browser showing the date from 2019 to 2021, also when i disable the proxy status showing the error "your connection is not private "…

The browser won’t show you the Origin certificate but the edge certificate.

i understand about origin certificate, what about the error when proxy status is disabled?

With an Origin certificate you do not disable that.

ok i understand, thank you Mr.sandro for your valuable time, i would like to ask one more doubt, before setting up we used to purchase ssl certificate from third party and now we uploaded cloudfare origin certificate and add the necessary configuration in windows IIS , so my doubt is, is this new set up will provide sufficient security to our domains and its traffic compaired to third party ssl certificates?

how can i see the exact expiry date of my origin certificates other than login to cloudfare console ?

Origin certificates provide just as much security as any other certificate. The only difference is they are only trusted in proxied context.

As for the expiration date, you can use for example OpenSSL. Google will have more details on that.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.