Managing an AWS-purchased custom domain with Cloudflare Pages

Hello, I’m trying to connect a custom domain to Cloudflare Pages. The domain I intend to use was purchased through AWS and I’ve transferred the nameservers to Cloudflare. However, the verification time seems much longer compared to a domain directly purchased from Cloudflare. Is this normal, or should I be concerned about the process?

There’s an incident ongoing which is impacting SSL cert provisioning and verification

1 Like

Thank you. But the issue is still not resolved. Do I still need to wait?

I’ve tried a few things because it hasn’t been resolved and discovered additional problems.

First, I suspected there were compatibility issues with AWS since my domain was registered there, so I transferred the domain to Cloudflare.

Yet, the problem still hasn’t been resolved.

There is only one case where it works as follows.

Successful case: Cloudflare Pages created in October & a subdomain of a domain registered with Cloudflare in July

All other cases except this one have failed.

Failed case 1: Cloudflare Pages created in October & a subdomain of a domain registered with Cloudflare today

Failed case 2: Cloudflare Pages created today & a subdomain of a domain registered with Cloudflare in July

Failed case 3: Cloudflare Pages created today & a subdomain of a domain registered with Cloudflare today

What I’ve found is that if the Cloudflare Pages were created today, it doesn’t work even when connecting with the default domain without linking a custom domain.

Additionally, the ‘ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH’ error was displayed on the browser screen.

Of course, in the above case, the uploaded project is the default project provided by the server.

I tried uploading the same build used in the successful case for testing, but it still didn’t work properly.

In conclusion, there are issues with both recently created Cloudflare Pages and recently registered domains.

How should I resolve this issue?

Additionally, I discovered that the Edge Certificate is still in a pending state despite 12 hours having passed since the Domain Transfer.

Additionally, I have another question. If I use a paid plan, is it possible to create and delete Cloudflare Pages projects using the CLI? Can I also connect or remove a custom domain to Cloudflare Pages, and directly set or manipulate compatibility flags for Cloudflare Pages?

From what I have researched and tested, it seems possible to create and deploy Cloudflare workers using the ‘npm create cloudflare’ command, but it appears that this is not possible for Cloudflare Pages. Am I understanding this correctly? I would appreciate your clarification.

Hey,

There’s SSL provisioning delays due to:

You will need to just wait a while for it to provision. Sorry for the inconvenience!

1 Like

Thank you… It works now

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.