Major DNS problems with my website

Answer these questions to help the Community help you get started.

What is the domain name? DavidLevinPhotography dot com

Have you searched for an answer? Yes

Please share your search results url: Google see my website

When you tested your domain using the [Cloudflare Diagnostic Center] what were the results? Awful! It found a number of errors:

no_dnssec_found The site does not have any DNSSEC records.

Check DS record configuration error

redirect loops error

unsuccessful HTTPS status

redirect unencrypted traffic from HTTP to HTTPS failure

status of encrypted traffic unsuccessful

website mix encrypted and non-encrypted content failure

site speed (TTFB) failure

Describe the issue you are having: Slow loading images, the webpage just hangs as it loads, and gross distortions of my website that is hosted by Pixels and FineArtAmerica .

What error message or number are you receiving?

What steps have you taken to resolve the issue?

1. Contacted Fine Art America. They said that it looks good to them. I think they were seeing a cached website page.

Was the site working with SSL prior to adding it to Cloudflare? Yes, everything was just fine before I transferred my domain name from GoDaddy to NameCheap, and that’s when everything went bad. I thought I had everything resolved a couple of weeks ago.

What are the steps to reproduce the error:

1. Just visit my website site: DavidLevinPhotography

Have you tried from another browser and/or incognito mode? Yes, and the same symptoms of the problem show.

I wonder if the above errors I described are the makings of a “train wreck” that would make it easier to delete my Cloudflare account and then start again, if that could be done. I’m lost…

Not sure what this means. Was your site loading with HTTPS before you added it to Cloudflare?

I do see a .css file that’s timing out with a 522, so the server isn’t responding.

I tested again about 15 minutes later, and that .css file was load, but now a .gif doesn’t.

It looks like the server is rate-limiting connections through Cloudflare. Click the 522 link for details.

Yes it was loading as a secured website courtesy of Cloudflare. So is the problem with something with my side of the DNS panel or is a problem with FineArtAmerica and Pixels dot com?

Somehow I get the feeling that GoDaddy did something to screw things up as a transferred my domain name away from them to join NameCheap. Am I wrong? That’s when everything went wrong.

Anyway, thank you, Sdayman!

David

I meant before Cloudflare:

Still, please read the instructions regarding the 522 error. Only your host can fix this, regardless of how “good” they say everything is.

Sounds like your website designer might need to be shown the door.

Thanks, Sdayman! I’ll contact FineArtAmerica’s tech support.

Cheers,

David

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.