Main domain showing redirection and sub domain working perfectly

Hi My subdomain shop.debasishsinha.in working perfectly ,

but my main domain www.debasishsinha.in , only the home page working perfectly , and the post links working perfectly , but the wordpress login page is not working , it shows " This page isn’t working

www.debasishsinha.in redirected you too many times.

ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS" msg and , none of the internal desk board link working.
Now i am confused where to resolve it and how to resolve it as the site partially working but i am unable to access the admin desk board to modify or make any changes. Seriously need support to get out of this issues as soon as possible.

Why Wait
Don’t wait for an answer, find it fast! Search for #CommunityTip error:
Example: #CommunityTip 521

Test Before You Post
Unsure of the issue? Test before posting using the Cloudflare Diagnostic Center: Diagnostic Center | Check SSL and Test Website Security | Cloudflare

Hi @debasishsinha,

We’re going to need a bit more information to be able to help you.

What is the domain, what behaviour are you seeing, what are you expecting and what have you already checked/tried?

Community Tip - What to include in your post?

hi thanks for prom reply …

chronology .

1.my site www.debasishsinha.in was using cloudflare from last two years and it was working perfectly fine .
2. recently i though to make a subdomain shop.debasishsinha.in
3. to create that subdomain i bank on godaddy customer support agent ,
4. they asked me to shift my domain DNS to godaddy to create the subdomain .
5. I followed the same advice , and eventually deleted the cloudflare account of debasishsinha.in
6. now after 2 days of chasing the customer support my subdomain created and now it is working perfectly .
7. so i asked godaddy whether i am free now to go back to cloudflare for the SSL . they said yes
8. after adding the site debasishsinha.in , i discovered that the subdomain shop.debasishsinha.in automatically added in cloudflare as well.
9. now after adding the site to cloudflare i am observing that in full SSL , shop.debasishsinha.in and its admin login page working perfectly but debasishsinha.in pointing towards the default cpanel page .
10. after few min when i changes the ssl option to flexible, i am observing that subdomain shop.debasishsinha.in and its admin page working perfectly . But in case of main domain debasishsinha.in , only the home page working fine , also pulling the https:// but the admin login page and desktop link not working . showing " This page isn’t working

www.debasishsinha.in redirected you too many times.

ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS"
this error.
11. no internal desktop link like add page post none working , only the home page www.debasishsinha.in is working .

Now how to resolve this issue.

links for your reference.
www.debasishsinha.in - working
https://www.debasishsinha.in/wp-admin/- not working

www.shop.debasishsinha.in - working
https://shop.debasishsinha.in/wp-admin/-- working.

Thanks for the additional info.

That is often the cause of all your problems! You should switch that to Full (strict) - make sure you have a valid certificate on your server first, or use a Cloudflare ORigin Certificate Managing Cloudflare Origin CA certificates – Cloudflare Help Center

This sounds like your root domain isn’t properly configured for SSL on GoDaddy’s end, but your shop subdomain is. Make sure they both work with HTTPS and this should be resolved.

How to do that ? What should i say to Godaddy to do in debasishsinha.in domain so that it will make sure thats the domain debasishsinha.in and its other links like https://www.debasishsinha.in/wp-admin/ work with HTTPS so that this should be resolved.

The easiest way would probably be to pause Cloudflare on the site and ask GoDaddy to get everything working with HTTPS Then make sure it works, set your SSL/TLS mode to Full (strict) and re-enable Cloudflare.

You can pause Cloudflare from the Overview tab of the Cloudflare Dashboard, bottom right under Advanced Actions.

1 Like

Can you explain how to do it ?

if i ask them to do it they will ask me to shift my DNS to godaddy to resolve the issue . Which i don’t want as again while bring them in cloudflare i may safe the same issues again. So please if you technically support i can advice the same to godaddy agent to do that or i may do it from my end with the support of godaddy agent. SO please advice me on this technically Please, which i can tell me clearly.

Click “Pause Cloudflare on Site” in the lower right corner of the Overview Page of your domain at dash.cloudflare.com. And then ask GoDaddy to enable HTTPS for your website.

Hi there,

The ticket is assigned to me. So, I think just replied here. There are two redirections happened at origin one is 301 and another 302. The redirection is changing non www request to www request. It may be caught in redirection loop if you have similar configuration at your Page Rules/ CNAME root domain to www.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.