Mails not received when using Cloudflare DNS and Cpanel server

I have the following Cloudflare DNS config:

The mail and ftp are hosted on the Cpanel server. The website is hosted on a separate server, on a VPS. You can see in this image that the mail A record is not proxied through Cloudflare.

The problem is that I can only send emails, I can’t receive any email.

Any idea what am I doing wrong? The MX records are pointed to mydomain.com . Should they be pointed to mail.mydomain.com or to the IP address of the Cpanel server?

Is it ok to use Cpanel only for the email? It seems that the problem appears once the domain is pointed to a different IP.

From what I can tell, your MX records are correct. As for receiving mail, make sure your mail apps are pointed at your ‘mail’ hostname.

If you need further assistance, please post your actual hostname, or ask your mail host.

I am having same issue using MailChimp. For me, I can receive emails only from Gmail. But when other email hosts (in this case MailChimp) tries sending me an email, it bounces. I do not know why.

In my case, I had to make some extra Cpanel updates. The hosting company have a “Spam Experts” module and I updated the Incoming / Destinations setting. I configured the name to be: mail.mydomain.com instead of mydomain.com

Problem solved.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.