Mail isn't working anymore,..please need help


#1

Goodmorning,

After configured Cloudflare everything looks ok though the mail isn’t working anymore. I searched the internet but I can’t manage to let it work properly.

Could anyone please help me to configure the settings with me.

Settings Cloudflare: https://snag.gy/Q0LnK5.jpg

Settings MijnDomein: https://snag.gy/jM07qu.jpg

Because I’m totally new to this I would very much appreciateit if someone could explain it to me in steps what to do, or help me with it personally.

Thanks in advance.

Patrick


#2

Fortunately, your old DNS provider hasn’t purged out their old records, so they could be queried directly for information.

dig NS in2quality.com. @ns1.mijndomein.nl.
in2quality.com.		86400	IN	NS	ns1.metaregistrar.nl.
in2quality.com.		86400	IN	NS	ns2.metaregistrar.nl.


dig ANY in2quality.com. @ns1.mijndomein.nl.
in2quality.com.		86400 IN SOA ns1.metaregistrar.nl. beheer.metaregistrar.nl. (
				1          ; serial
				14400      ; refresh (4 hours)
				3600       ; retry (1 hour)
				604800     ; expire (1 week)
				3600       ; minimum (1 hour)
				)
in2quality.com.		600	IN	A	188.93.150.124
in2quality.com.		600	IN	MX	5 mailfilter1.mijndomein.nl.
in2quality.com.		600	IN	MX	6 mailfilter2.mijndomein.nl.
in2quality.com.		600	IN	TXT	"v=spf1 a mx include:spf.mijndomeinhosting.nl ~all"
in2quality.com.		86400	IN	NS	ns2.metaregistrar.nl.
in2quality.com.		86400	IN	NS	ns1.metaregistrar.nl.

This all seems to match what CloudFlare responds with:

dig NS in2quality.com. @8.8.4.4
in2quality.com.		86293	IN	NS	brenda.ns.cloudflare.com.
in2quality.com.		86293	IN	NS	cody.ns.cloudflare.com.

dig A AAAA MX TXT NS SOA in2quality.com. @8.8.4.4
in2quality.com.		3600 IN	SOA brenda.ns.cloudflare.com. dns.cloudflare.com. (
				2025937966 ; serial
				10000      ; refresh (2 hours 46 minutes 40 seconds)
				2400       ; retry (40 minutes)
				604800     ; expire (1 week)
				3600       ; minimum (1 hour)
				)
in2quality.com.		300	IN	A	104.31.88.30
in2quality.com.		300	IN	A	104.31.89.30
in2quality.com.		300	IN	AAAA	2400:cb00:2048:1::681f:591e
in2quality.com.		300	IN	AAAA	2400:cb00:2048:1::681f:581e
in2quality.com.		300	IN	MX	5 mailfilter1.mijndomein.nl.
in2quality.com.		300	IN	MX	6 mailfilter2.mijndomein.nl.
in2quality.com.		300	IN	TXT	"v=spf1 a mx include:spf.mijndomeinhosting.nl ~all"
in2quality.com.		86400	IN	NS	brenda.ns.cloudflare.com.
in2quality.com.		86400	IN	NS	cody.ns.cloudflare.com.

And a testing site like MXToolBox confirms that it reads the records properly and sees a valid mail server (which responds properly when interrogated).
It almost sounds like your old DNS provider may have disabled/blocked your domain from their system when you migrated away.

I would suggest you create a ticket with them, as this would lead be to believe that the fault lies with them somehow…


#3

Dear hm1,

Thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate it.

I think I found the problem,…I changed the status of Type A mail from DNS and HTTP to DNS only and the mail is working properly. I tested it from my own regular mail and from the contact form of the website.

The only thing is the website www.in2quality.com is very very slow, I tested it with GTmetrix and it’s not so good I think, https://snag.gy/WjnyC0.jpg

Do you have any suggestions


#4

I actually wrote out a whole bit about how it seems that your site is not utilizing the Caching features of CloudFlare, but that looks to not be the case as page loads a few mins later showed that it did load assets from my local CF PoP.

Further testing indicates that, after the CF PoP nearby to the site you test from (your screenshot indicates you tested from Canada) has time to cache the available assets, the assets load pretty fast.

The origin server is pretty slow to respond initially , but that’s likely due to it’s location in Norway compared to me (USA). CloudFlare isn’t a hosting service, so that web page load comes from the origin server and not from the cache (by default, at least).
Have a look at the Network tab in your web browser’s (Chrome or Firefox) Developer Tools and see how long the assets take to download.
It also looks like your site is referencing an image that doesn’t exist, which stalls the site by 1.87 seconds (to my client), which isn’t ideal at all.