Mail from accounts.google.com to my domain is not being forwarded to my gmail

All emails from from [email protected] to my domain is not being forwarded to my Gmail. In Cloudflare email section, it says “Delivery failed” and says:

SPF status
none

DMARC status
none

DKIM status
none

Rejected reason:

Unknown error: transient error (421): 4.7.28 [2405:8100:c000:1::1d2:45 15] Our system has detected an unusual4.7.28 rate of unsolicited mail originating from your IP address. To4.7.28 protect our users from spam, mail sent from your IP address has been4.7.28 temporarily rate limited. Please visit https://support.google.com/mail/?p=UnsolicitedRateLimitError to4.7.28 review our Bulk Email Senders Guidelines. jj13-20020a170903048d00b001a05b52583esi2618314plb.420 - gsmtp

How should i fix this…?

1 Like

Welcome to the Cloudflare Community. :logodrop:

You can’t fix it. Email forwarding had become a complex and unreliable practice years before Cloudflare began offering it. The only options in this specific situation are to wait and hope that the transient condition resolves during your message’s retry window or stop using email forwarding as your domain email strategy.

Which option is best for you will depend on your needs and your budget. If it is more important to incur no expense for domain email and you can tolerate the possibility of intermittent delivery delays then you don’t need to do anything. If you need consistently reliable domain email, subscribing to the offerings of a mailbox provider will better suit you.