Mail.example.com not resolving, DNS & Network
A few days ago, I connected my client’s site to cloudflare mainly to encrypt their site with an ssl certificate.
Everything worked perfectly! I was amazed.
Now suddenly their not getting any email. mail. is not resolving to it’s destination IP. Or I should say it’s not resolving at all.
The strange thing is that I haven’t made any changes on the hosting side nor on cloudflare.
My current DNS records on cloud flare are as follows:
example.comIP-Of-Website-Hosting-Server Auto Proxied
- CNAME ftp example_dot_com Auto Proxied
- CNAME www example_dot_com Auto Proxied
- MX mail IP-Of-Mail-Server 10 4hr DNS only (This one I just added in hopes it would help)
- TXT mail v=spf1 +mx +a +ip4:IP-Of-Mail-Server ~all Auto DNS only
- TXT example_dot_com v=spf1 +mx +a +ip4:IP-Of-Mail-Server ~all Auto DNS only
Did I do something wrong on the cloudflare side? Or should be looking at the mail hosting side of thing?
domain regstrar points to clouldflare.
cloudflare is supposed to point everything except for ftp and the website over to the hosting server
Everything was working until today and I don’t know what happened.
Any help will be greatly appreciated