Lost my green padlock after wp migration. Please, help!

Answer these questions to help the Community help you with Security questions.

What is the domain name?
ellegajoenredado dot com

Have you searched for an answer?
Yes

Please share your search results url:

When you tested your domain using the [Cloudflare Diagnostic Center], what were the results?
Everything is ok.

Describe the issue you are having:
After migration of my wp site to another webhosting I can’t see the green padlock. The site is secure and doesn’t have any mixture content problem. My new webhosting provider works with Cloudflare but my site doesn’t shows the green padlock. In the old hosting the green padlock was showing too.

What error message or number are you receiving?
A yellow padlock. The site is secure but doesn’t have the EV of Cloudflare.

What steps have you taken to resolve the issue?

1.Search and replace any mixture content in database and also in all the site.
2.Try to install different types of certificates. The only that works properly is Les’t Encrypt

Was the site working with SSL prior to adding it to Cloudflare?
Yes

What are the steps to reproduce the error:

Have you tried from another browser and/or incognito mode?
Yes, many browsers and many times.

Please attach a screenshot of the error:

Cloudflare does not provide EV certificates. Unless you manually uploaded a custom certificate (requires Business or Enterprise plan), Cloudflare will not serve an EV certificate on your site.

Sorry, but I’m running a free Cloudflare plan and the green padlock of Cloudflare was displaying next to my domain name. And it was like this for a long long time.

Perhaps your DNS record was unproxied :grey:?

I’m not sure. But most of them were proxied if not all.

Sorry, I don’t know why it was green before. In any case, EV certificates are not technically superior to regular SSL certificates, which is one of the reasons Chrome and Firefox stopped showing green padlocks for EV certificates in 2018/2019 respectively.

Ok, thank you for your answer anyway :slight_smile: , it’s strange because always that I made a new website with Cloudflare free plans the green padlock was displayed. Do you know how I should do for a free certificate with green padlock?

There is no way to have browsers display a green padlock anymore as far as I know. Which browser are you using? Maybe the removal of the green padlock was a result of updating it?

I’m using Comodo Dragon and Comodo Ice Dragon browsers that still show the different types of padlocks.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.