I am the newly appointed IT architect of a company which uses CloudFlare as the CDN, DNS etc… provider.
There is no IT procedure in place.
Consultant/Web designer who build the site and other left.
Today I am in a difficult situation where :
- I do not have the user/password to login to Cloudflare.
- I now realize I do not even know where is the latest version of the site hosted.
I can connect to the domain registrar and could redirect Name Server with no problem if needed
- Any way to know what email is used to log-in on Cloudflare to managed the domain ? I could directly synch with the individual asking to reset the password. If can’t
- I have check this procedure : https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/203471284-I-lost-the-email-address-associated-with-my-Cloudflare-account-what-do-I-do-
I could do “As part of the sign up, new Cloudflare name servers will be provided to you, and when you configure your domain to use these at the registrar level, the domain will automatically transfer into your new account (and be disabled from the previous one).”
But will it really work ? Will I have ALL IP in the new DNS zone from the old one ?
If I change at the registrar level my NS and if for some reason it does not work, I would completely lose my website :
- The previous Name Zone correctly configured would be disabled/deleted
- I would not know how to point to the right real IP
Thanks for your help