Losing IPv6 connectivity with WARP+

Hi,

I’m losing IPv6 connectivity with WARP+ as soon as I enter my WARP+ key, works fine before that with regular WARP but once the key is entered IPv6 connectivity is lost.

I was using 2023.9.248.0, have since rolled back to 2023.3.450.0 but am still experiencing the same issue.

Here’s the link to the web diagnostic tool:
https://one.one.one.one/help/#eyJpc0NmIjoiWWVzIiwiaXNEb3QiOiJObyIsImlzRG9oIjoiTm8iLCJyZXNvbHZlcklwLTEuMS4xLjEiOiJZZXMiLCJyZXNvbHZlcklwLTEuMC4wLjEiOiJZZXMiLCJyZXNvbHZlcklwLTI2MDY6NDcwMDo0NzAwOjoxMTExIjoiTm8iLCJyZXNvbHZlcklwLTI2MDY6NDcwMDo0NzAwOjoxMDAxIjoiTm8iLCJkYXRhY2VudGVyTG9jYXRpb24iOiJTWUQiLCJpc1dhcnAiOiJZZXMiLCJpc3BOYW1lIjoiQ2xvdWRmbGFyZSIsImlzcEFzbiI6IjEzMzM1In0=

4 Likes

I am currently using Version 2023.9.252.0 (20230927.21), and I am experiencing the same issue. However, both Warp Free and Warp Zero Trust can successfully obtain both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses without any problems.

1 Like

The issue seems to be somehow resolved on mobile devices. But on my laptop it still sucks that IPv6 is blocked: Google prompts me reCAPTCHAs everytime because of that. My WAPR+ subscription is canceled for now since I can’t benefit from it.

I notice that reset-settings resolves the issue, but then I can’t rotate keys or set families mode without getting IPv6 blocked again. And when I do that, warp does change the nftables:

2 Likes

Just an update on my issue, it seems to have resolved itself the other day.
Don’t believe I did anything in particular, just one day I switched from 1.1.1.1 mode to 1.1.1.1 with WARP and it was working again.

1 Like

IPv6 works for me on Android but not on my Windows laptop or Debian server, I even tried the beta version of the Windows client. (All the devices in the same network, without native IPv6.)

Running warp-cli delete && warp-cli register to register the free plan on Linux regained IPv6 for me, and after the warp-cli set-license, it lost IPv6 again.

2 Likes

This issue is now affecting my iPhone, v17.1.1

1 Like

Same here, don’t know why they still dodn’t fix this

If they plan not to fix this, I may consider stop my subscription to WARP+

1 Like

I also have the same issue as well, Ipv6 doesn’t work with WARP+ enabled both in my PC and phone, I did try reporting this issue on Reddit, but my post keep getting deleted everytime I posted to their subreddit without any notice. Instead, I comment on random post asking for help :persevere:

Link to the reddit post: Reddit - Dive into anything

1 Like

Yep, this just started happening to me. Can’t even go to https://[2606:4700:4700::1111] (iOS 17.2.1, 1.1.1.1 app v6.3) when 1.1.1.1 is running. This is on the T-Mobile network, all IPv6 resources are accessible when 1.1.1.1 is paused.

It’s strange that this is a problem that hasn’t been acknowledged.

1 Like

Another me too. Version is Ubuntu 2023.10.120-1.
Works fine when using the regular register but IPv6 stops working as soon as I set-license.
Keeps me from evaluating WARP+.

1 Like

Same here. I am having a number of connectivity issues because of it. Various apps trying and failing to access IPv6 addresses. I have resorted to bypassing IPv6 entirely to get my performance back. Basically in the Warp app Preferences → Advanced → Exclude Split Tunnels. Add IP/prefix “::/0” and click OK (name it if you wish). This prefix means “all IPv6 addresses.” IPv6 bypassed. App behavior and my internet is back to normal. It’s not ideal, but this work-around is at least working (touch wood).

2 Likes

Today one of my Linux server (with WARP CLI and Warp Plus license binded) suddenly got IPv6 access, but my other servers still didn’t get IPv6 connectivity. Is this a sign that Cloudflare finnally decides to fix such issue?

Found an interesting thing, when I simply run “warp-cli rotate-keys”, the ipv6 connectivity would lose too, without any license change.

So it is the behavior of rotating keys that causes losing IPv6, and I guess that when binding another license key, the program would automatically rotate keys.

WARP team, please, fix this annoying bug. It has been years, don’t know why you keep ignoring such issue. Sucks.

1 Like

Any news/progress on this matter, Cloudflare team? What a bummer

I’ve just received version 2024.2.62 on Ubuntu 22.04 LTS. Is the issue fix? No.

Yeah, so it’s broken for me again.
v2024.2.69.0

same issue

I’m seeing it too, on macOS, using the latest macOS warp app beta. The iPhone/iPad on iOS/ipadOS 17.4 beta4 seems fine with the latest iOS/iPadOS warp app, not beta. I have gotten the MacOS to work with it and not give me ipv6 errors by disabling ipv6 access using the command in the terminal.
networksetup -setv6off Ethernet && networksetup -setv6off Wi-Fi. I think a better option than what was suggested above is to enter “::/0” into the settings for the warp app split tunnel, as this just uses your ISP’s ipv6 and any ipv6 call will not use warp at all.

Hi @dsundquist and @yassine2
Dear Cloudflare team,
Can you guys check this issue when people add license to warp-cli they Losing IPv6 connectivity with WARP+?

Non-plus are losing IPv6 connectivity too! And in all platforms it seems, except Windows.