Loopback requests error

My host keeps directing me to Cloudflare and asks me to check the DNS records for this error:

The REST API request failed due to an error.
**Error: cURL error 6: Could not resolve host: ****com (http_request_failed)
The loopback request to your site failed, this means features relying on them are not currently working as expected.
Error: cURL error 6: Could not resolve host: ******com (http_request_failed)

I have checked the DNS and it seems to be pointing correctly. I’m not sure what to do next?

Could you share the domain or some more information about your setup so we can have a look?

1 Like

Sure, it’s ielts-jonathan com

That domain is not returning any DNS records for me, I cannot resolve it.

Are these the correct nameservers?

Name Server: BRENDA.NS.CLOUDFLARE.COM
Name Server: KYLE.NS.CLOUDFLARE.COM

Did you at any point configure DNSSEC? It looks like you might have a broken DNSSEC configuration according to DNSSEC Analyzer - ielts-jonathan.com

Oh Yes those are the correct nameservers
Yes I did look at DBSSEC I think . About 5 weeks ago…

It looks like DNSSEC may be the issue here, you would need to check that Cloudflare and your registrar have the correct DNSSEC values. It often tends to break if you change nameservers or registrars.

Ok, I can follow that one up.

When the DNSSEC instructions refers to ‘registrar’, does that mean the ‘hosting’ company?

Finally, could this affect the scheduler in WordPress too?

Registrar is wherever your domain is registered. According to a WHOIS lookup, for you that is either FastDomains or BlueHost. You will have to add the DS records at that provider. Unfortunately I have no experience with either and can’t advise.

I’m not sure what you mean. If DNSSEC is broken then any client that supports DNSSEC will fail to resolve or access your domain. If you are running processes on the host they will continue to run even if the domain cannot be accessed.

Thank you.

I will contact them today.

So ‘If you are running processes on the host they will continue to run even if the domain cannot be accessed’ is likely not to be a Cloudflare issue?

I will update you later abouty the first point and thank you

Honestly I’m just not sure what you mean here, sorry. I’m not familiar with “the scheduler in WordPress”.

Ok
Thanks and I will update you on your first solution.

Thank you Erisa Finally I worked out how to do as you said. So this seems to be working now

Will check the other errors later but some seem to have gone :slight_smile:

1 Like