Hello, I havent been able to login to the dashboard for months on chrome, and finally today took it upon myself to figure out why.
After opening devtools and inspecting network requests, I noticed that nomatter what was done,
POST ing to
https://dash.Cloudflare.com/login Would always result in a 401, So I tried the following:
- Refreshing (not resubmitting)
- Clearing cookie
- Clearing localstorage
- Using incognito.
After I had tried incognito, the login flow worked perfectly fine and as expected, which lead me to think an extension was conflicting with the login flow somehow. After I had messed with all the usual suspects, nothing was working. Then I decided to do everything from base, throwing out all assumptions of ‘That cant be doing it’ and disabling everything, when, the extension i’d least expect to cause issues, Dark Reader, turned out to be the problem.
Sure enough, disabling the extension, logging in, then enabling it again and everything works fine and perfect. I have no clue what it could be conflicting with, If there’s anything you’d like me to give more information about feel free to post a reply, as, it’s a bit inconvenient to have to disable an extension every time I log in.
Additionally: I HAVE encountered the same issue on two other machines with the same chrome extension, however I have not tested whether disabling it fixes it on them, but I expect it would.
Thank you for reading and again, if there’s any information you need additionally to help fix this problem please ask.