Logflare Update

Hey all … wanted to give everyone an update on Logflare.

About a month ago we hit 1 billion events logged, then last week we hit 2 billion. We should hit 3 billion early next week. Adoption seems good and a lot of that is because of you all here. I very much appreciate that!!! We’ve been busy making sure we can scale this thing and prepping for the next push.

First, check out the new homepage and color scheme. Hopefully, this will be a bit easier on the eyes. Eventually, we want to be able to let you customize the scheme but until then I think this will be a bit more appealing to more people. Does anyone know a good logo designer? At some point we need to replace the Font Awesome logo :stuck_out_tongue: .

Second, A few weeks ago we pushed an update to the Cloudflare app where you can add your ipinfo.io API key and we’ll enrich your logs with more data on the IP address. You get a new ipInfo object in the metadata that looks like this:

"ipInfo": {
      "asn": {
        "asn": "AS132892",
        "domain": "cloudflare.com",
        "name": "Cloudflare, Inc.",
        "route": "2a06:98c0:3600::/48",
        "type": "business"
      },
      "city": "San Francisco",
      "company": {
        "domain": "cloudflare.com",
        "name": "Cloudflare, Inc.",
        "type": "business"
      },
      "country": "US",
      "ip": "2a06:98c0:3600::103",
      "loc": "37.7697,-122.3930",
      "phone": "415",
      "postal": "94107",
      "region": "California"
    }

Cloudflare gives you some good data on the connecting IP but I wanted more :slight_smile:

Lastly, we’ll be launching pricing plans and a few other related things soon, so if you want to be grandfathered into the beta features and have thought about setting up Logflare be sure to do that.

Oh, and if anyone here is doing anything with Elixir we have our Logger backend working and I’m looking for beta testers. Please let me know! I’m using it to monitor backend Logflare things and the Erlang VM.

Cheers! :beers:

5 Likes