Live A Record not what I configured

A live a record for pacificmarina.com.au is not what what I have configured in Cloudflare when I switch over name servers. I had to switch name servers back as it broke the website. Should be 203.28.49.145 but is 104.21.76.219. Any ideas. Is there maybe another tenant with Cloudflare that overwrites my settings? How can I check this?

I bet the should be address is your origin ip and the other is what cloudfare is announcing in order to protect your site

May I ask what error did you get?

Before moving to Cloudflare, was your Website working over HTTPS connection?
If so, did you had an valid SSL certificate installed at your origin host / server which covers both your naked (root) domain any any other needed sub-domain like www, mail, etc.?

May I ask what SSL option have you got selected under the SSL/TLS tab at Cloudflare dashboard for your domain ( Flexible, Full, Full Strict … )?

When the A www / A yourdomain.com DNS record is being proxied (:orange: cloud), the public IP changes (is being “masked”) to Cloudflare one’s.

That way Cloudflare protects the origin server(s) from an DDoS attacks by hiding their real IP address(es).

More information about it here:

What they said.

To check, go to your dashboard dns tab and look at the a record, it is proly the 203 address you shared.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.