Limit on DNS records per domain

Hello,

According to this FAQs, Cloudflare limits the amount of DNS records per domain but it doesn’t list what that limit is.

Where can I find this information? I am specifically looking for limits to the Free plan.

Welcome to the community!

The current DNS record limit is:

• 1000 DNS records for free customers.
  • 3500 DNS records for Pro, Business and Enterprise (Enterprise customers can also request a limit increase).

Hope it helps!

3 Likes

Thank you @Lumito! and I appreciate the quick reply. Do you have a link to publicly shared Cloudflare documentation outlining this?

1 Like

Well, I found it on the Spanish documentation, which btw isn’t very updated. The limits may have changed recently, but those are the latest official ones that I could find.

The link to the support article (in Spanish) is:

https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/es-es/articles/360017421192-Preguntas-frecuentes-sobre-DNS-de-Cloudflare

Maybe @fritex can confirm those limits…

2 Likes

Greetings,

Thank you for asking.

Are you trying to manually add them via Cloudflare Dashboard or import them via the Cloudflare API? :thinking:

I’d like to share a post from my colleague here which has experimented with these limits in the past related to the @Lumito’s referenced article about importing DNS records:

From the FAQ page here:

Does Cloudflare limit number of DNS records a domain can have?

Yes. Currently Free, Pro, and Business customers have a limit on the number of DNS records they can create.

If you are an Enterprise customer you can contact your Account team if you require more DNS records.
Source article: https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017421192-Cloudflare-DNS-FAQ#RW4QZK9AQYTX3499R4SG

For a zone/domain using a Free plan, I believe we have more than enough room for the DNS records :wink:

1 Like

Thank you @fritex

We will be manually adding subdomain CNAME records, which seems like the DNS records can be as many as 1000 when manually added.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.