Lighthouse returned error

Hello guys,

i am trying to check my site speed in google pagespeed insights but i am getting below error:

Lighthouse returned error: FAILED_DOCUMENT_REQUEST. Lighthouse was unable to reliably load the page you requested. Make sure you are testing the correct URL and that the server is properly responding to all requests. net::ERR_TIMED_OUT.

Please any one help me to solve this issue.

my site : ** {redacted}**

The site loads extremely slowly for me - almost 10s for the initial page, but I was able to run Lighthouse and analyse the page locally in Chrome 102. Here’s the kind of performance numbers I’m seeing:

I’d hazard a guess that Pagespeed Insights has an upper limit on the load time for a page before it errors out. You may want to spend some time looking at your origin Wordpress instance to optimise the page load time down from ~10s before focusing on other page speed efforts, as this is likely to have the biggest impact for your users.

You may want to take a look at Cloudflare’s Automatic Platform Optimization product for Wordpress to help with this.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.