Level of DDos protection for different plans

Does the Pro Plan provide Level 3, 4, and 7 Dos protection?

0 Likes

It looks like only Enterprise covers 3,4 and 7.

0 Likes

Found this page which says the Free plan protects against Level 3,4 and 7 Dos attacks. Anyone able to confirm this?

0 Likes

level 7 its different story, you got a lot tools to protect against it

but they are not automatic so they need some level of understanding and some of them cost extra money

like:

• rate limiting
  • I am under attack mode
  • firewall rules
  • IP Access Rules
  • User Agent Blocking
  • full html caching
  • worker

in the end, if you cant really cache 100% of your content and you have limited scalability ability they will find a way to take you down(but like in 99% its never actually going this far) .

I do know that cloudflare has a button called “under attack?” I have no idea in which plan they actually creating rules for you to help you with layer 7, but it worth asking them about it.

2 Likes

@sdayman I had understood this graph as meaning that Enterprise plan gets “prioritize IP ranges and routing”, but that the protection itself for attacks against layers 3, 4 and 7 are part of the “Unmetered mitigation of DDoS attacks” offered in all plans.

0 Likes

I’m hoping someone from Cloudflare can better describe the differences in TCP/IP layer protection between plans. I thought lower plans got limited layers protection. @cscharff?

0 Likes