Legacy Captcha showing as action on FW Rules

As of today Im seeing that in the firewall rules is appearing “Legacy captcha” instead of Challenge, does any one knows if I should leave it as it is or do I have to change it to another one action like “Managed challenge” ?
Thank you!

Greetings,

Thank you for asking.

It’s a little change in wording according to the stated on the GitHub:

From my point of a view, I think it stays as is, I see no need to change it for now.

When checked, I can see it’s working as it was:

Otherwise, kindly and patiently wait for a next reply from someone who might know some additional information to this change.

2 Likes

Hello, thank you for your reply, yes I added a URL for one of the rules and I see, like you said, that the captcha is working as usual, I’ll leave it as it is :+1:

As mentioned by @fritex, the action name was simply renamed - there is no change in behavior.

However, we strongly recommend the use of Managed Challenge over Legacy CAPTCHA as it provides a significantly better user experience to your users. Further information about Managed Challenge can be found here: https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/200170136-Understanding-Cloudflare-Captchas-Managed-Challenge-and-Challenge-Passage#managed-challenge.

5 Likes

Is CAPTCHA going to be replaced entirely?

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.