Keep getting rate limited on my own IP

I keep getting rate limited on my own IP, no matter what settings I set on the rate limiter. I’m using portzilla to point to a site/app hosted on a port that’s not 80/443. Even went as far as setting the rate limiter to like 10,000,000 in a 1 minute window and I’m still getting rate limited. I wish I could just disable rate limiting all together at this point.

That’s a bit weird. :thinking:

May I ask have you tried disabling the Rate Limiting, remove the rule and wait for few minutes, then try to re-add it again?

Yes, I have disabled the rate limiting, removed the rule I created, added a protect my page rule to see if that made a difference. Deleted the cache and waited and still getting rate limited. It seems like deleting all the rules or disabling them doesn’t actually disable rate limiting.I purchased the portzilla app to be able to use Cloudflare and proxy to the service running on a different port while still keeping a regular domain name. Same issue from other users that never got resolved. It might have something to do with portzilla since they use workers (And they are probably getting rate limited), in that case I’m just going to cancel portzilla and probably use cloudflared (Which I probably should have just done in the first place but wanted to simplify things).

Is your origin host/server configured to return the visitor IP or rather you see Cloudflare IPs in your access log file?

I wonder and question about this because if using proxy at the origin + :orange: hostname, you might end up having a lot of connections from Cloudflare, and instead of your own IP it might block Cloudflare itself somehow? :thinking:

Kindly, see te instructions for required web server/service at the article from blow:

I haven’t used Porzilla yet, don’t know.

It’s definitely seems to be an issue with portzilla using workers, I should have done a little more research before purchasing portzilla, it’s kind of garbage. Should have gone with cloudflared from the beginning, will do some tests tomorrow with cloudflared and see if I get rate limited, I doubt I will but will update the thread once I get a chance. It might have something to do with portzilla still thinking I’m on a trial account, even though I paid for it. There is no way to actually see though as no actual account is created when you purchase portzilla, everything about it is just garbage all around.

Furthermore, do not skip below step and kindly re-check if Cloudflare is allowed to connect to your origin host to as follows in the below article:

Nevertheless, Cloudflare IP addresses list can be found here:

It was a portzilla issue after all, tested with cloudflared for multiple hours today and no rate limiting. I should have never purchased portzilla. Portzilla has issues due to it’s use of workers so if anyone is planning to use/buy it in the future, just know that you will most likely be rate limited, especially made worse on a trial account.

1 Like