Just joined Cloudflare, changed nameservers, can't access Wordpress or view site

I’m getting an error posting my question here, saying I can’t include links. There are NO links.

Did your site load fine on HTTPS before you used Cloudflare?

Trying to post my question in the reply…
I just joined Cloudflare and changed my nameservers (from Bluehost) in Namecheap and now I can’t access my WordPress and I can’t see my site.

The wp-admin page gives me this error:

The page isn’t redirecting properly
An error occurred during a connection to [mysite]
This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.

And entering my URL gives me this error:

This page isn’t working
[mysite] redirected you too many times.
Try deleting your cookies.
ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

I followed the instructions on Cloudflare’s setup page and now I can’t get to anything.

yes. It’s been fine and using https for months

You will have an insecure, legacy encryption mode on Cloudflare and need to set that to Full Strict to secure that. That should also fix the issue.

Is there a page that explains how to do this? I’m new to this and CDNs. I’m only familiar with Wordpress and web design.

Check out Overview · Cloudflare Fundamentals docs.

You need to set Full Strict at https://dash.cloudflare.com/?to=/:account/:zone/ssl-tls.

thanks. will take a look now. seems like the setup page only got me halfway through the process(?).

Cloudflare unfortunately still sets insecure default settings on occasion.

But I don’t understand why this would lock me out of my WP and break my site with the standard settings.

Because that mode kept redirecting your page - see the error message and the links from your previous postings.

Unfortunately, the legacy modes are known for breaking sites, which is why it is important to make sure it is set to Full Strict.

Does it work now?

I’m just waiting for my host to… oh wait(!) it just came back. lol.
But I haven’t added the Origin CA certs yet to my bluehost.

You don’t need to add those if you have a public certificate anyhow. Unless you are referring to client authentication.

I haven’t set any certificate yet. Does CF do that automatically? (Sorry for my noob questions!)

Where? You wrote that your server HTTPS configuration is already working, right?

The one on the proxies is managed by Cloudflare.

Oh! Yes, the one I created when I made the site. Understood. (Enough, I think.)

Thanks so much for your help (and patience)!

Most welcome :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.