Just got this from HostPapa - is this OK with you guys?

Hi Malcolm,

We have some very good news! Beginning on Oct 19, 2021 we will start updating your outbound email delivery system to our new and improved platform.

This change should be seamless and no downtime should occur but we noticed that you are using a third-party DNS provider. This means that we will not be able to make the necessary changes to your SPF records ourselves and we’ll need your help!

Sender Policy Framework (SPF) is a protocol used for fighting spam. SPF uses a TXT record in a file located in your domain’s DNS zone to specify a list of authorized host names or IP addresses from which emails can originate. More details about these DNS records can be found [here]

Here’s what you need to do:

We will need your help to update this record for the following domain names: blackandwhitesonthewall.com floweronthewall.com lakesonthewall.com landscapesonthewall.com panoramicsonthewall.com riversonthewall.com treesonthewall.com

You will need to replace the record you currently have:

“v=spf1 +a +mx +include:spf.antispamcloud.com ~all”

with:

“v=spf1 include:spf.hostpapa.com ~all”

You can make these changes right away, because the new record covers the old record as well so there’s no issue if you make the change now.

Thanks,

The HostPapa Team

Oh, that does look good. Go for it! Although it’d be a good idea to keep the +mx part in there.

Thanks for that advice.

1. I have no idea what you mean but I’ll try to follow it and see if they react.
  2. I am waiting for them to tell me where on earth I find this text first!
  3. I use MUSE - get it?

It’s on the DNS page at dash.cloudflare.com

OH! thanks for that!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.