Joomla: Warning: session_start(): Failed to read session data

Hi there, I think, I’ve got a problem with session data in joomla. After setting the nameserver “Nameserver1” and “Nameserver2” in domainfactory, everything went fine, Today, about 10 hours after, I get on the website the following mistake:

Warning : session_start(): Failed to read session data: user (path: /tmp) in /kunden/xxxx_xxxx/www-xxxx-de/libraries/joomla/session/handler/native.php on line 260
Error: Failed to start application: Failed to start the session

Even the subdomain isn’t working anymore (same error message), I think, because of changing the nameserver for all?? Any ideas?

Thats a question you should take to a Joomla forum or something related. The forum here is not the right place.

Hi @sandro, I’m sorry, when I ask the wrong question in this forum. I’m pretty surprised, since this mistake is caused by cloudflare and not from joomla. In a joomla forum I’m pretty sure, they don’t know what I’m taking about - and just a few had been ever in contact with cloudflare or cdn. Since you’ve got the status as a “leader” of this forum, should I delete my posting???
By the way, there ist at least one more with the same problem in this forum, but unfortunately without solution… I’m a bit confused…

It is not, Cloudflare does not have any influence on that.

You dont need to delete your posting, but this forum is for Cloudflare related issues and not general issues web related issues. I cant tell you what the exact error in your case is but if it is related to the other thread you posted in, you might be also trying to establish a database connection to Cloudflare’s proxy instead of your actual database machine.

Great! this is a good hint for solving my problem and I will google how to do this :wink: Thanx! Unfortunately in the other post wasn’t the solution posted.

The most recent reply by the OP should address that -> Après avoir forcer le https pour mon site, j’ai un problème

From what I understand he simply set the database host to an empty string and this - presumably - defaults to localhost which avoids the DNS resolution to Cloudflare’s proxies and goes straight to the local database setup. That is all speculation as I do not know the exact setup and am not really familiar with Joomla either, but thats how it seems at least :smile:

Thanx so far, I’ll try to check it out :wink:

This topic was automatically closed after 31 days. New replies are no longer allowed.