I've added CF via my host (Bluehost). It won't setup, and I wonder if it's due to the existing CF-direct account?

Answer these questions to help the Community help you get started.

What is the domain name?
corykoz dot com

Have you searched for an answer?

Please share your search results url:

When you tested your domain using the [Cloudflare Diagnostic Center], what were the results?
N/A (Not yet done)

Describe the issue you are having:
I have existing service via CF directly as a Pro plan. However, my Host (Bluehost) offers a premium plan for just $9.99/mo—and it allows me to keep my existing OV SSL certificate.

Since purchasing earlier today (appx. 5+ hrs ago), the product has been pending for several hours (on Bluehost’s side). Could this be because I already have a CF account for the same domain?

TROUBLESHOOTING/PREP: I had already DISABLED CF overall using the main disable button within the Dash. I also then manually disabled each proxy on the DNS page. Further, I had also reset my NSs to the default Bluehost NSs before purchasing Bluehost’s flavor of CF–i.e., did all this before setting up the service via Bluehost.

Any thoughts? I wanted to keep this account active temporarily: 1) easily transfer my personalized WAF rules; and 2) in case I need to rollback to straight CF Pro.

What error message or number are you receiving?
On the Bluehost DNS dashboard, I’m not allowed to edit any A-records because Cloudflare is “Pending.”

What steps have you taken to resolve the issue?
See above. No steps post-purchase; only prepared pre-purchase.

Was the site working with SSL prior to adding it to Cloudflare?
Yes: CF Pro, direct from CF, worked fine.

What are the steps to reproduce the error:
See above.

Have you tried from another browser and/or incognito mode?

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.