It's been more than 24 hours and the domain is still pending

The name server was set up and verified and the DNS is still working, but I can’t access the DNS from my account, so we readded the DNS and restarted the verification process, and now it’s been pending for more than 24 hours.

Domain?

The domain is:

And it’s showing the following name servers.

It’s always nice when one has to type the domain manually :wink:

You did not change nameservers but only added two NS entries to your current nameserver. You need to do the former at your registrar.

I’m sorry, that was stupid of me.
How did you look up the addition name servers?

Thank you for your quick help and support.

The registry shows the current nameservers

You can also query the registry

nslookup -type=ns hinthunt.co.za ns0.is.co.za
Server:  UnKnown
Address:  196.4.160.17

hinthunt.co.za  nameserver = ns1.dns-h.com
hinthunt.co.za  nameserver = ns1.host-h.net
hinthunt.co.za  nameserver = ns2.dns-h.com
hinthunt.co.za  nameserver = ns2.host-h.net

I’m getting something different on my end?

I appreciate your time and effort. It seems like I need to fight with the registrar.

That is not querying the right nameservers.

Ah, I see! ty

Right, but I don’t think you need to fight the registrar, you just need to set the correct nameservers with them.

1 Like

If your registrar is also your current DNS provider, you possibly just configured it in the wrong location. Contact them and clarify how to set the nameservers.

WIth this registrar to change the NS we need to email them, so I’m guessing a tech made a mistake or something.

Once again, thank you for your time and patience. :slight_smile:

No worries, just tell them to update it properly and there must not be other nameservers listed.

Just use the previously posted command to verify that. Once it is the correct nameservers, it should verify.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.