Issues with client needing WIX CNAME Created

We have already pointed the A records to the WIX IP address. WIX would also like a CNAME pointing to them. I get the following error: DNS Validation Error (Code: 1004) An A, AAAA or CNAME record already exists with that host.

Below is the screenshot if it lets me upload.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Remove the A record and replace it with the CNAME you can’t have both (per teh interwebs standards)

Thanks CSCHARFF! I thought this too… I’m confused by the WIX instructions here:

I did the standard A record redirect last Friday. The new site comes up fine, but the client is reporting the following: "We are having trouble with our SSL Certificate. " and requesting help reviewing the DNS. This should all be pretty straight forward so making sure i’m not missing something. Is CNAME better than A Record?

Ah they want an A record for example.com and a CNAME for www.example.com and as long as the records aren’t :orange: (WIX doesn’t support using Cloudflare’s proxy) then it should be just fine.

Thank you so much! That did the trick, I must have read it 20x, just didn’t notice the request for the www portion to be in a cname. I have updated the DNS and notified client, should all be good to rock and roll.

Have a great day!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.