Hello, Sorry if this is a stupid question, I am new to SSL stuff (networking in general)
I am trying to get my website an SSL certificate using CloudFlare’s free flexible certificate.
Once I switch to the flexible SSL my website is no longer accessible, returning a 521 Origin Down Error
You might be thinking, oh well he didn’t change his origin. I listed everything I’ve done below.
Just for the record the origin is an Ubuntu 18.04 Server box running a Node.js ExpressJS app
- I made sure the port (443) is open on the router
– I checked this with one of those online port checkers, the port is definitely open.
- I ensured that the Express application was running on port 443
- I ensured the origin is running (just in case)
- I made sure to allow 443 through ufw
At this point, I’m at a loss as what to do to get SSL/https enabled on my website
I’m sure I’m doing something wrong, so please let me know and thanks in advance!
Edit: I fixed this
Now I’m just wondering how to get the end to end enabled.
I made a certificate here
And made the files on my server
Added an https configuration
But now I’m getting a 525 error. Does anybody know how to fix this?