I signed up for Cloudflare 2-months ago. We need to cancel as we have this service through our server so we have paid nearly CAD$600 for 2 months for nothing and we cannot get them to stop billing us. I have called twice, sent multiple messages and filled out 3 tickets, but what they don’t understand: is that this program will not allow me to cancel my account. They want me now - to commit to $5 per month. Now granted $5 per month is significantly less than the nearly $300 I am paying for nothing. This is not a very nice website for service. Anyone in the Cloud’s here that cares about customer service? I am preparing to call my bank to place a halt on Cloudflare. Not cool.
Welcome to the Cloudflare Community.
I am sorry to hear that you having a rough go of it.
Billing should be entirely self-directed. You can adjust your plan from within the Cloudflare dashboard.
Who wants you to commit to that, and for what plan? Do you have an option to decline that plan?
Phone support is not offered for billing matters.
If you share a ticket number here, we can submit a request for escalation to Billing
Hi @tracy5 I noticed your ticket 2908358 with Support and the earlier ones as well. In each of them the steps to cancel the subscription were shared.
How to Cancel your Plan Subscription
Please complete the following steps:
- Login to https://dash.cloudflare.com/
- Click on the profile icon on the top right.
- Click Billing on the drop-down menu.
- Click Subscriptions
- Click Edit and set the subscription to Free Plan.
- Remember also to set the page rules to 0.
- SSL certificates must be set to 0 as well.
- Click Continue.
- if you no longer wish to have any cost, and there is still as subscription showing on the dashboard and a price, then the subscription has not been downgraded correctly.
From what you describe you selected the edit button and selected the Free plan. The Free plan includes 3 Page Rules, you have 5. The additional charge over the Free plan is for additional Page Rules. We’ll flag your post here for the Billing team.