I am very new to this ecosystem and would really appreciate if the answer is toned down to my level.
My situation looks unique:
Domain purchased at Godaddy
Nameservers and SSL: Cloudflare (recently transferred from Godaddy)
Webhosting: Google Cloud Program (Static hosting using buckets)
I have a 2 part situation:
- When I type, “www.dname.ca”, it is loading the website with “Not secure” as SSL status
- When I type, “dname.ca”, it is not loading anything (blank white, no error, nothing) with secured lock as SSL status. When I tried this in Incognito mode, it is showing a page with a message saying, “Our domain broker service may be able to get it for you. Find out how”.
- I want both the variations to load the whole website,
- I want both the versions to have SSL as secured
- SSL is set as “Flexible” to avoid the 525 handshake error
- “A” DNS record added (Name: dname.ca, content: IP Address) in Cloudflare with IP address of the Cloudflare name server(I guess)
- A “CNAME” record added (Name: www, content: c.storage.googleapis.com) with my Google hosting record. This I have added in Godaddy before the transfer to Cloudflare.
- Tried to add a new CNAME record with www and IP address, error 1004 pops up.
- In Google Cloud Platform, the website is created with the bucket name, “www.dname.ca”, and not “dname.ca”.
My idea (Not sure where to find it: If somehow dname.ca redirects to www.dname.ca and with an SSL certificate as secure). Godaddy has these settings, but when I switched my nameserver to Cloudflare, I am not able to find these nor add a new CNAME.
Please do help me with this situation.