Issue with site going down

Site is down, we had a similar issue about a month or so ago and we messaged into chat and sent a ticket and it looked like Cloudflare resolved something because it went back live after that, but support has changed so couldn’t find how to submit a ticket

To submit a new support request from the email address you used to register your Cloudflare account. You should open a ticket directly through the Cloudflare dashboard following these steps:

1. Log in to your Cloudflare account and click on “Support” in the top right corner, from the drop down select Help Center.
  2. Click on your name in the top right corner, and in the drop down menu select “My activities” where you will see your existing requests.
  3. Scroll to the bottom of the “My Requests” page and click “Submit a request”.

What is the site? A ticket may not be necessary. What issue are you seeing?

Thanks for responding

The site is parfaire dot com

I tried typing the site here and also tried attaching a loom here showing that we can’t submit tickets but it won’t let me attach links here

Our web team took a look and they mentioned that something is wrong on the backend of Cloudflare and/or GoDaddy accounts

This is of course what GoDaddy just said haha I just need to get to technical support on Cloudflare side

1 Like

What record were they telling you it was Cloudflare’s responsibility to add? I am curious as we cannot add records but we can tell you how to do that, I would have expected they’d know that.

Ah, looks like they did not actually check. The nameservers are no longer pointing to Cloudflare

% dig ns parfaire.com
parfaire.com.		3600	IN	NS	ns31.domaincontrol.com.
parfaire.com.		3600	IN	NS	ns32.domaincontrol.com.

Sorry to give you the runaround, but you need to contact your domain registrar and ask them to change the nameservers back to the two in your Cloudflare account and remove all others. At the same time, you should ask them about removing the icann holds on the account.

Domain Status: clientDeleteProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientDeleteProhibited
   Domain Status: clientRenewProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientRenewProhibited
   Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
   Domain Status: clientUpdateProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientUpdateProhibited

https://securitytrails.com/domain/parfaire.com/history/ns

yes, they just changed them to GoDaddy name servers. Usually their support is great but not today haha

We’re going to change them back now

We’ll also reach out to Verisign, but if name servers are correct and DNS records are correct then what else could keep a site from loading? Everything we check on the site is functional but this is 2nd time it’s gone down and stayed down in the last 2 months =) can’t find the source of why

1 Like

Difficult to say when the site is in state of change, sometimes we’ve seen icann holds mess with nameserver changes, but that’s not apparent what happened.

Once the ns are change and the site is back, I noticed you’re bypassing Cloudflare :grey: on the A record pointing to your site, click it to turn :orange:

To answer your question, they said it was the A record that Cloudflare was responsible to add

1 Like

Thank you. I do see you have an A record, the value of that record should be the IP of your origin webserver. It is there, you are just bypassing it, click the :grey: to turn :orange:

ok waiting on GoDaddy side for next couple steps

If hosting is happening over here w/ Cloudflare, yet domain is owned in Godaddy (verisign at the core sounds like), then cpanel would become unecessary from the GoDaddy side correct? (attaching image to see if anything other than pointing nameservers needs to be done on GoDaddy side)

so to be sure, we should be using the ‘dedicated IP address’ on the right of this image correct?

And would this be the A record you mentioned updating? Just taking extra care to make sure all is correct so we know the site won’t go down at random and so we can source the reasons =)

Cloudflare does not host your site (there are pages as an exception), but proly godaddy hosts I am thinking?

I suspect that may be your hosting provider. If you look at the value of your A record and do an ipwhois IP WHOIS Lookup it says godaddy. That is your hosting provider.

Could be your domain registrar although that is a service godaddy offers as well.

That is a cpanel image, you really do not need to do any admin in cpanel, just your Cloudflare dashboard.

yes, it should be proxied, not bypassed. And note, the value of that A Reocrd is different than the dedicated IP you shared. If that is the correct IP, you should update the value of the A record to that dedicated IP value. I am going to remove those screenshots to not expose IPs, btw

1 Like

Thank you for walking us through this, fixed all and it’s working now

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.