Issue With Page Issues

Hey, I am trying to have my Cloudflare site redirect to another site with Page Rules I have watched soo many tutorials on this, and this is what my page rule looks like:

But when I ( for example ) go to MY.WEBSITE/example, instead of going to https://bizanosa.com/ it gives

This site can’t be reached

Check if there is a typo in (WEBSITE)

If spelling is correct, [try running Connectivity Diagnostics](javascript:diagnoseErrors()).

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

Does anyone know? thank you!

What is the *asterix for. I can’t remember, but is that a wildcard? And with a wildcard do you have to set a variable (ie. a domain name with the $ symbol followed by a number)?

What would happen if you tried adding $1 to the end of the temporary redirect URL, and would you like me to recreate your issue at my end (by the way I’m not a affiliated nor am I a member of any support teams ha ha).

The way I’d recreate it is by setting up a page rule on a new domain I’m not really using yet, but which is receiving traffic, then I can help you and also put into practice what I seem to know about page rules.

I’m sorry, but I didn’t give you a chance to request that I recreate the issue. I just went ahead and did it.

I used the same settings as you, with the difference that I already configured the DNS on both domains, and hosted websites at both of them (on the same server) and then also added that same server IP in the A records for both domains. (I mention this because you don’t have A records set up for the domain you are redirecting - not sure if that matters as it is pointing to Cloudflare’s name servers)

You put a trailing slash at the end of the URL where traffic is being redirected, which is especially important for wildcard redirects I imagine. I discovered this when I redirected one domain to the other using domain1.co and matched it up with just domain2.co (with no trailing slash)

TL;DR: Have you tried adding A records or a page rule variable (wildcard matching and referencing)

https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/218411427#h_6N5SySNYCjYUUnCKnC1Ea6

This is the issue. You need a :orange: proxied A record to direct visitors to Cloudflare. You can use an address from 192.0.2.0/24 (TEST-NET-1) as a placeholder.

You might consider using Bulk Redirects as Page Rules will be deprecated at an unspecified point in the future.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.