Issue with Domain Billing

Hello! I’ve been recently charged for a domain I own through cloudflare but unfortuantely, the wrong card has been charged.

I’ve been charged for a domain renewal with my corporate card (which I can’t use without approval) for a non-corporate domain. Additionally I turned auto-renewal off but it’s still on therefore it has auto charged this.

I would like to request a refund for the domain (I have opened a ticket) and would like to use a different payment method to renew this domain instead.

My ticket numer is: 3097598

1 Like

I flagged your post for my Billing & Registrar colleagues in Support.

Perfect, thank you! As said, I only work for the organisation and was in process of changing billing details. but was unexpectedly charged for the domain renewal from my corporate/work card which I can’t use. As said, I am happy to pay for the 2024 renewal through my personal card but would first need to recieve a refund into the corporate card.

Hi @AmeliaK

I can see my colleague Purnima already replied on ticket 3097598.

Cloudflare will always use the primary payment method you’ve set up on the account to process the payment. Once the charge is processed, it’s not longer possible to make changes.

Domain Registration Agreement

1. FEES

3.1 Fees

“You shall pay Cloudflare the applicable fees for the Registrar Services (“Registrar Fees”) prior to the registration or renewal of a domain. All payment obligations are non-cancellable and non-revocable, and all amounts paid are non-refundable. You agree to pay any and all prices and fees due for Registrar Services purchased or obtained from Cloudflare at the time you order the Registrar Services, unless set forth otherwise in your Enterprise Subscription Agreement Order Form or Insertion Order. You acknowledge and agree that you may be charged Value Added Tax, Goods and Services Tax, or other localized fees and/or taxes, based on your bank and/or billing address.”

3.2 Recurring Billing

“You will be required to provide Cloudflare with your credit card information (“Payment Method”) in order to pay the Registrar Fees, unless set forth otherwise in your Enterprise Subscription Agreement Order Form or Insertion Order. By providing a Payment Method you are authorizing us to charge your Payment Method for the applicable Registrar Fees. Any Payment Method that you provide us must be valid, and kept current by you during the Term. By providing us with a Payment Method, you represent and warrant that you are authorized to use such Payment Method. Cloudflare will begin billing your Payment Method for the Registrar Fees on the day that you place the order for the applicable Registrar Services.”

Kind regards

1 Like