Issue regarding full(strict) mode

Hello support,

our site was down for 2-3 hours, After checking into this I found that the full(strict) mode fail to establish a secure connection.

Also, I have checked all the settings are working fine regarding full(strict) mode.

Can you please check why the full(strict) mode not working?

Thanks,
please see the attached screen shot for more information.

Your server is not properly configured and does not have a valid certificate. Pause Cloudflare (Overview screen) and talk to your host to get your site secured. Once it loads fine on HTTPS, you can enable Cloudflare again.

Hello Sandro,

I have checked the certificate is validated and from Cloudflare.
you can see the below attached screenshot for this.

Also, I have discussed this with the support team they told me that server is properly configured.

Thanks,

That is the proxy certificate, not the server certificate. And no, your host is wrong. Your server certificate has expired almost two years ago.

Hello Sandro,

ok, we will validate the server certificate as soon as.

And please tell me that we have no issue with Cloudflare.

Thanks,

No issue with Cloudflare. As mentioned before, the wisest thing would be to pause Cloudflare until your site is fixed. Once it loads fine you can enable Cloudflare again.

Hello Sandro,

Will there be any problem if we don’t pause Cloudflare as it may cause our site to down?

We will validate the server certificate as soon as.

Thanks,

Well, I understand your site is down anyhow with that error. I would really pause Cloudflare and fix the issue with the host.

Hello Sandro,

Can you please explain me the difference between SSL and proxy certificate.

Thanks,

Both are certificates, but the issue here is not the proxy certificate but your server one.

You have not paused Cloudflare yet, you should do that.

Hello Sandro,

I have discussed this with the server support team, they said that once they enable the Let’s Encrypt SSL certificate from the server the Cloudflare proxy certificate will be removed.
If the Cloudflare certificate is removed, there may be a problem.

Thanks,

They don’t seem to understand how Cloudflare works.

That statement is simply wrong, all they need to do is fix their certificate.

Also, you still have not paused it.

1 Like

Hello Sandro,

Is there any way to enable SSL without pausing Cloudflare?

Thanks,

Sorry, but we are going in circles here and you are not listening to any advice.

Pause Cloudflare

hello Sandro,

We have enabled Let’s encrypt SSL from the server, but when we enable full (strict) mode in Cloudflare the site crashes and shows an invalid SSL certificate error.

Can you please check why it shows an error even after enabling SSL from the server?

Thanks,

@iqbal I’m not able to reproduce the same. Here’s what I see:

Hello @neiljay ,

currently the full mode is active not full(strict).

Thanks,

Hello Sandro,

ok, but when I switch encryption mode to full(strict) mode then the site was down.

Thanks,

There should not be an issue. Switch back now.

Hello Sandro,

I checked but the issue is still here.

Thanks