Issue : 2 providers hosting configuration && 301 redirect .htaccess

Hey Community,
I am currently facing an issue with the Cloudflare configuration. The problem arises because my hostname is hosted on one provider, while my server is hosted on another provider. I’m looking for guidance on how to configure my DNS table records.
And i have another problem with the 301 redirect with page rules not working

Greetings,

Is your domain active and using your assigned Cloudflare nameservers at your domainr egistrar?

May I ask you to post and share your domain name in bracketed dot [.] notation (example[dot]com) here so we could double-check, troubleshoot and provide some more feedback information about the issue? :thinking:

May I ask you to share a screenshot of the particular Page Rule? :thinking:

Have you got the DNS records added and pointed to the correct hosting provider where your Website content is located and the DNS record(s) are proxied and :orange: under the DNS tab of the Cloudflare dashboard ? :thinking:

Capture d'écran 2024-02-01 073946

Without knowing the domain name I am afraid I cannot assist you in such manner I’d want to help.

Furthermore, from the shared screenshots I see your hostname is proxied :orange: .

You’re also doing redirect on your hosting, however the Page Rules screenshot isn’t shared at all.

May I ask what do you want to achieve with DNS and also what do you want to do as an example of redirection? :thinking:

Are the :orange: records pointed to the correct web hosting server IP?

So, HTTP to HTTPS and non-www to www you’re trying to achieve at the origin host/server.
But, what else you’re trying to do with 301?

Since you
Since you’re having the SSL at the origin host which covers your domain name, I’d suggest you the options like “Automatic HTTPS Rewrites” and “Always Use HTTPS” at the SSL tab → Edge Certifiates from the Cloudflare dashboard.

Furthermore, using Cloudflare you can achieve HTTP to HTTPS and also using a simple Page Rule you can redirect non-www to www (or vice versa).

Here are the great tutorials:

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.