And now I’m even more confused. These are the ping results from two different machines:
PING warning-security.landing.telstra.com (188.8.131.52): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 184.108.40.206: icmp_seq=0 ttl=55 time=5.673 ms
64 bytes from 220.127.116.11: icmp_seq=1 ttl=55 time=11.497 ms
PING picperf.dev (18.104.22.168) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from 22.214.171.124 (126.96.36.199): icmp_seq=1 ttl=50 time=185 ms
64 bytes from 188.8.131.52 (184.108.40.206): icmp_seq=2 ttl=50
Why would these be different?
@alex77 I have moved this to its own topic as it appears to be a distinct issue that is separate from your question about ACM and Cloudflare workers.
They are different hostnames? The first is likely not a host under your control, did you mean to use a different hostname?
They resolve to the same IPs you got in your results for me.
dig warning-security.landing.telstra.com +short
dig picperf.dev +short
Ah @epic.network perhaps he is trying to say when visitors got to picperf.dev they are presented with the warning-security.landing.telstra.com page? In that case you should contact telstra to determine why.
Just a guess.
That’s what it sounds like to me, too.
Thanks for chiming in, guys. This report came from someone who hit the domain from two different machines. The at other domain was not causing a different page to render. It was only throwing various SSL-related errors.
It was also when I had multiple different SSL certificates set up for it. I’ve since removed them and generated a single new one.
There’s some more context on this issue if you’d like to look.
Yeah I chimed in on the GitHub issue. It is likely a web filtering product on their router. They should talk to their ISP. The page being rendered is not yours… it is a block / filter page from the DNS entry.
Thanks! After a lot of trial & error, I confirmed that you’re right – looks like an issue with their network or firewall. Specifically, related to the .dev domain I was using. After I wired up picperf.io to my worker, all of these errors went away. It seems like some networks still don’t trust .dev domains.
This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.