Is WARP down? CF_DNS_LOOKUP_FAILURE

I live in Iran, and for two days ago, I cannot connect to “1.1.1.1 + WARP” /WARP+ from the iOS, Android, and Windows apps.
I raised feedback directly from the app in all cases but the problem doesn’t solved.
For example, in Windows app(version 2024.1.59.0) I have the following error:

CF_DNS_LOOKUP_FAILURE

3 Likes

See here…

3 Likes

I live in Iran too and I have the same issue

3 Likes

i have the same problem here.
Error reason: Failed DNS Lookup Check
Error code: CF_DNS_LOOKUP_FAILURE
Error description: Could not connect because of DNS lookup failure.

1 Like

Unfortunately, that is not a solution, that is just another open issue for the same problem.

The access is almost certainly being blocked by the government. Resolution of that decision would need to come from the governmental agency enforcing the block with the Internet providers in country. You could reach out to your ISP or your government representative for assistance.

2 Likes

Yeah, we all know that it is the issue. And no offense, the suggestion for contacting the government sounds like a joke as they do anything possible to limit our access to free internet. We hope that maybe Cloudflare could do something in that matter!

I have the same issu

1 Like

same here
Error reason: Failed DNS Lookup Check
Error code: CF_DNS_LOOKUP_FAILURE
Error description: Could not connect because of DNS lookup failure.

Oh I understand it’s like asking an American polo not to grift. Largely useless and if you make too much noise you will probably fall out a window accidentally

However Cloudflare isn’t a censorship circumvention system. The unfortunate reality is they are ultimately a business and it is worse for them (as a business) to try and provide that service than it is to point at the state actor who I guess rightly is the source of the issue. If Cloudflare were to play games with the Iranian censors they’d simply block the entire ASN.

1 Like

That is just sad. A dystopia, a nightmare we live in, and despite all our efforts, (getting jailed and so on), others are too busy with their comfortable lives to care any… :frowning:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.