Is there a way to embed videos in Patreon?

I’m using Cloudflare Stream to host and embed my videos and it works great for my Wordpress site. However Patreon states " Note : We use Embed.ly for all embedded Video Posts. You can test your URL there to ensure that your video will post properly. Add your URL into the textbox field, and click the arrow link to the right. If you find an error in the “type” field, your URL will not post, and you’ll want to double-check your link."

So when I link my CloudFlare link I get a generic “Stream Videodelivery” and it opens in a new window instead of embedding like Youtube, Vimeo or IplayerHD does.
Is there a work around for this?

@zaid and @renan might know if there’s a process to get Stream more recognized as an embed in various services.

Hi there, what link are you feeding to embedly? We’ll do some more research into what we need to do to support embedly and get back to you.

2 Likes

It’s this link here - we post it in Patreon (who says they use embedly) - we have hundreds of movies so all the links are different -

Thank you. We’ll keep you posted on our support for embedly.

2 Likes

Hi, I have the same problem as [dmcguckin]. I would like to ask you if I should wait until the situation is resolved or look for another video hosting? Thank you in advance.

We don’t have an update yet but should sometime in June.

1 Like

Hello dear Cloudflare team,
would like to ask you how it seems with the embed.ly? Any informations?
Thank you. Klara

Hi. Any updates on this? This would be a game changer for a lot of people.