Is there a way to auto-populate my Google Apps MX records?

Not currently, but if that is something you would like to see please feel free to provide feedback.

1 Like

+1 for this. It’s always a chore to have to do this manually.

1 Like

would love this

can we import partial dns zones ? maybe have a preset Google App MX zone template we can import ?

Would a script to do this with the API be useful or is that too high of a barrier for the average user?

1 Like

maybe worth doing

Though maybe Cloudflare should come up with their own noobie friend wrapper script to manage the CF API. I know there’s 3rd party wrappers out there but an official CF one would be nice ie. cfcli

update DNS A record

./cfcli dns-update add A IPADDR

add Google App MX

./cfcli dns-update import MX GAPP
1 Like

+1 for a pre-populate DNS for G Suite MX Records

1 Like

Found and tested importing G Suite Mx records using this bind file (can copy and paste into a txt file and then use the advanced setting on the DNS tab to import). https://github.com/irazasyed/dns-zone-files/blob/master/files/gsuite.txt

Didn’t test the verification records because I don’t have a G Suite account, but no reason it shouldn’t work.

2 Likes

nice find @cs-cf :thumbsup:

maybe Cloudflare DNS export feature could also allow selective DNS record exports or migrations between Cloudflare site DNS zones ?

siteA.com already has Google App MX records so I can select those records and on advanaced export optionally export or copy them to siteB.com on Cloudflare too or multiple sites on Cloudflare.

This is perfect! A total time saver! I tested with the verification records and DKIM and it worked perfectly.

1 Like

There is a nice workaround for this using the export/import options in the “Advanced” button in DNS section.

1. Export your records
  2. Edit the txt file and add:
;; MX Records
example.org.          1799    IN      MX      1 aspmx.l.google.com.
example.org.          1799    IN      MX      5 alt1.aspmx.l.google.com.
example.org.          1799    IN      MX      5 alt2.aspmx.l.google.com.
example.org.          1799    IN      MX      10 aspmx2.googlemail.com.
example.org.          1799    IN      MX      10 aspmx3.googlemail.com.
  1. Re-import the dns file.

For me this has been saving a lot of time and avoiding mistakes.

1 Like