Is there a DDNS alternative through Cloudflare?

I currently have a google domain account that I was using for DDNS. They are switching my domain over to SquareSpace. They are no longer going to have DDNS. I need to find an alternative. Does Cloudflare have an alternative for DDNS? Thanks.

1 Like

Welcome to the Cloudflare Community. :logodrop:

You can use the Cloudflare API to update the IP in your DNS hostnames. I recommend reviewing your current DDNS client for Cloudflare compatibility before starting over from scratch.

Thanks, I appreciate your quick response. I will look over the document to see if this is in my realm of understanding.

1 Like

Hello Again, So I would like to move my domain over to Cloudflare for Google if I can get this working. I already have 1 domain with Cloudflare. Is there a more detailed instruction for using the services that the document refers to. Thanks.

Have you evaluated your current DDNS client for compatibility with Cloudflare? What is your current DDNS client?

My DDNS is through Google domains. Is that what you are asking me?

Have a great day

Dino

No. I am asking what client software you currently use to update your DDNS record at Google with your current IP when it changes.

I apologize as this is not something I’ve spent much time working with. I currently use DDNS through Google domains for my two Synology NAS and on a TrueNas Scale box. Inside of both, there is a setting to add your DDNS username and password that is generated inside of Google via their dynamic DNS API. So once you add your a record inside of the DNS settings page, it generates an DDNS API username and password which is plugged into the devices. I hope I’m on the right track with this information. Thank you for your time.

Have a great day

Dino

Excellent. I encourage you to examine the options in both of those to see if they have support for Cloudflare DDNS.

1 Like