Is there a cloudflare dns a record I should be using?

Need help, please. Thanks
Is there a Cloudflare dns a record I should be using?
CNAME www proxied to the domain
Domian is registered with Cloudflare.
website is hosted on Cloudflare using Cloudflare wordpress plugin.
My website is not working.
I am getting 522 host error

That’s not how that plugin works. Your site is still hosted at whatever provider you use for web hosting. The Cloudflare WordPress plugin just lets you manage certain Cloudflare features and settings from within your WordPress site.

If you click the linked error number in your own post it will take you to this #tutorial which is a good place to start.

It is always a good first step to make sure that your site is working properly without the Cloudflare proxy service before enabling Cloudflare features. You can accomplish this by either pausing Cloudflare from the Cloudflare dashboard, or by setting the relevant A records and CNAMEs to :grey: DNS Only.

Thanks for your suggestions.

wordpress website is on localhost (xampp on windows 10)
I am trying to host the website on Cloudflare using Cloudflare wordpress plugin.

Site is added to Cloudflare
Is there a Cloudflare dns A record I should be using?
I am getting a 522 Host error and my website is not working.

The A record would be the IP address of your server. For example, if your server IP was 1.2.3.4 that’s what you’d put as your A record.

If you don’t know the IP of your server or if you have put it in but it’s not working, try using the troubleshooting steps posted above.

That’s going to pose a problem. While it might technically possible using Cloudflared to tunnel traffic back to the local host, it’s not really a suitable method of hosting any production website.

The Cloudflare WordPress plugin does not “host the website on Cloudflare”. It simply lets you manage certain Cloudflare features and settings from within your WordPress site. Hosting WordPress sites is not a service that Cloudflare currently provides.

Your next step should probably be to select a suitable web hosting provider to serve your WordPress site. That is well outside the scope of the Cloudflare Community, though, so you will need to find additional resources if you need help with that part.

1 Like

Thanks for the detailed information.
I will be hosting this site on inmotion web hosting
Thanks again

1 Like

website is hosted on Cloudflare using Cloudflare wordpress plugin.
I am getting a 522 Host error and my website is not working.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.