Is it take time to applying changed record settings?

hey hi
im changed my record settings for my domain,
it was a cname from mail.example.com to target example.com
im changed cname to another target but still it redirects to example.com after near a half hour.
is it normal? did i something wrong?

Does it mean you have created an A mail record and pointed it to your IP address?
While also for that A mail record it shoud be :grey: cloud.
Last thing to notice, add an record MX yourdomain.com which points to the mail.yourdomain.com to make sure your e-mail would work as supposed.

Is the CNAME record :orange: cloud or :grey: cloud?
Have you got some cache settings at Cloudflare dashboard? If so, have you tried to purge the cache via Cloudflare dashboard?
Moreover, have you tried to flush the CNAME record using:

Nevertheless, was the CNAME mail.yourdomain.com (supossing :orange: cloud?) pointed to A yourdomain.com (which is supposing being :orange: cloud, proxied via Cloudflare) or some other serviece/domain?

thanks.
i dont have mx issue, its just a simple php server and i configured a cname,
it was a cname with target to example.com but now i just changed cname target to another address,

Great, but I supposed it has to do something with your e-mail server because you have written mail.subdomain.com in the first post.

May I know your domain name?

Could you please post a screenshot of your current DNS records at your Cloudflare dashboard?

Kindly, check here if the articles below can help you too to determine what kind of CNAME record have you got setup at Cloudflare DNS dashboard.
Also to note, maybe your CNAME record points to yourdomain.com or third-party domain and does not have an SSL certificate?

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.