Is it possible to send emails from the cloudflare email routing service?

I would like to be able to send emails from my [email protected] address set up through Cloudflare’s email dashboard. Is this possible? If so, how can it be done?

All help is greatly appreciated!

Greetings,

Thank you for asking.

Are you talking about Cloudflare Email Routing feature and want to send emails using this feature? :thinking: In short answer, unfortunately currently this is not possible.

Please let me explain a bit more in detail about this feature as follows from below:

Cloudflare free Email Forwarding feature allows you to create personalized email addresses for your domain name and forward emails to other email addresses of your choice.

Cloudflare Email Routing (beta) is an email forwarding service that does not allow creating fully-featured email accounts and send outgoing emails from [email protected] , since it’s a virtual email address.

You may consider some 3rd-party Email service provider, which allows creating such an email account to send e-mails within your domain name [email protected] .

Here’s how to get started:

1 Like

Thank you so much for the fast reply!

That’s fine, I’ll probably sign up for an email provider.

1 Like

And aside from it, you can still try out for free and use Cloudflare services and features like security & optimization (and even more) for your Website (domain name) :wink:

• there are a lot of different kind of setups, you can have a domain name registered at some registrar, then web hosting at some other provider, then some app at 3rd one, then e-mail service from some other provider too, and the domain (DNS) is using Cloudflare nameservers. It all works fine.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.