Is it possible to deregister domain ownership early with cloudflare

Is it possible to deregister a domain/ force early expiration with cloudflare? Such that it would be made available for someone else to purchase it and it is no longer associated with my details?

I have a domain that doesn’t expire for several years that I might not want anymore, instead of waiting for the renewal period to come around and just not renew it, I’d want to have it expire early. I read somewhere that most registrars let you do this, although some may incur a fee.

Thanks

I’d recommend you put a Parked/For Sale page there and then ignore it.

Other than that, I don’t see how you can drop it early. You’d have to ask Support.

To contact Cloudflare Customer Support, login & go to https://dash.cloudflare.com/?account=support and select get more help. If you receive an automatic response that does not help resolve your issue, reply and indicate that you still require assistance. And, please share your ticket number here so that we can track it.

Domains can be transferred before they expire, but registration is valid for the period it was registered for. The solution here would be to transfer the domain to another registrar/owner rather than wait for it to expire. Additionally, if you wait for it to expire there is no guarantee that the person waiting to buy it will be able to before someone else.

1 Like

Hello,

I think deleting a domain name early might be possible if our registrar team does it manually. However, this would only be done on a case-by-case basis. In order to check if we can do this for you, you’d need to open a support ticket (if not done already) as already mentioned.

Personally, I’d go with @sdayman’s answer. Parking it and letting it expire would be one of the better options, in case someone else wants to buy it from you or in case you want it back after some time.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.