Is it possible to create multiple stream buckets or multiple accounts?

I am looking at the stream functionality as a possible extension to our system. We have a SASS platform, which allow our clients to signup and then sell their services on to their clients.

We would love to add a VOD component to this, and cloudflare streams looks like a elegant and cost effective solution for them.

However, from what I can see, cloudflare associated stream to our account and so they best this provides us with is a single bucket that we try to share amongst our users.

Ideally, we would be able to add sub-users and then associate a stream account directly to that user - thus each user have the full capability of a cloudflare stream.

Any thoughts would be really appreciated…

Hey @reservie! Good question. Stream does expect you to use a single bucket of videos to share amongst your users. We usually recommend SAAS platforms like yours to keep their own system of record (like a database) that maps videos and their owners. This allows you to implement your own logic and features (such as payments, account management, etc.) using Stream as a backend. In the most simple case for example, you can relay VOD API calls from your service to Stream and back, while only doing ownership checks.

Stream offers few options to keep your system of record and Stream in sync, such as webhooks and the ability to add metadata key:value pairs to each video.

Please let me know if I misunderstood your original ask and I’d be happy to dive in to details and point you the right direction.

1 Like

Thanks renan - its great to know I was heading in the right direction. Much appreciated!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.