Is it OK that the email routing verification message reveals the account login email address?

I was a bit startled to see that the message which is sent to request acceptance of email forwarding reveals the login email address of the Cloudflare account.

Conceivably this is OK, and all part of the plan, if the intention with Cloudflare email routing is that you forward messages only to your own external email addresses.

But I’m not sure if that is made clear anywhere.

Greetings,

From your topic title and first paragraph, I might not understand what and where it reveals your CF accout login email address? :thinking:

For testing purpose, I couldn’t find in my verification e-mail from Cloudflare titled “Verify Email Routing address” any clue for my CF account login.

1. The link for verification contains hash.
  2. The link “Email page” leads to the Cloudflare dashboard.

Cloudflare doesn’t host, neither keep your messages. Only forwards them to your final destination which you’ve set and enabled.

[Cloudflare]:The text of the message entitled “[Cloudflare]: Verify Email Routing address” is as follows:

Hello,

Verify this Email Routing address to begin receiving forwarded emails from XXXXXX’s Account:

[button to click to verify email address]

Once you have verified this email address, manage your Email Routing addresses on the Email page.

We appreciate your help in building a better Internet.

Thank you,
Cloudflare

… where “XXXXXX” is the login email address of the Cloudflare account

That is what I mean when I say that “the message which is sent to request acceptance of email forwarding reveals the login email address of the Cloudflare account”.

That field is the ‘Name’ of the account which is not necessarily the email (but may be by default). You can change it to something that does not include your email under:
Manage Account → Configurations → Account Name

1 Like

Great, thank you.

(I did try looking for something along those lines before starting this thread, but couldn’t find anything. After reading your response, I tried again and looked harder … and found that it is necessary (I think) to switch off “Enable New Navigation” in order for the “Configurations” option to appear.)

It should not be, it’s right down the bottom of the left-side menu before you select a domain if you expand ‘Manage Account’, it is definitely harder to find with the new navigation.

Found it! (in new navigation) Thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.