.is domain hosting?

Obviously with .is being the tld, it’s extremely difficult to search for. I purchased two .is domains from namecheap, under the assumption that Cloudflare could host them, but when I try to swap the nameservers, they’re getting rejected. I talked to the support for namecheap, and they said this is a Cloudflare problem. The requirements for hosting that I cannot verify are:

ttl must be 24 hours or longer
namerservers must be registered with isnic
must allow connection to udp port 53 and tcp port 53 as well
must have “.is” zone

Could someone please hook me up with the skinny on all of this and help me get my site up and running? Thank you!

Hosting as in webspace? Cloudflare wouldnt do that.

Hosting as for DNS? That should be possible.

Which domains are we talking about?

Yes, hosting as in DNS. I’m not sure how the domain is relevant, but it’s iral.is.

Have you added the domain at all to Cloudflare? Which nameservers have been assigned to you?

I did add the domain. Nameservers are katja.ns.cloudflare.com and rene.ns.cloudflare.com.

And you cant add these nameservers to your domain at your registrar?

What is the exact error message?

The exact error message is “Oops. Something went wrong.” That’s why I reached out to support. They told me that the name servers for .is domains have to meet specific criteria, otherwise they cannot be transferred.

And which criteria exactly is not met?

I covered this in my initial post:

The requirements for hosting that I cannot verify are:

ttl must be 24 hours or longer
namerservers must be registered with isnic
must allow connection to udp port 53 and tcp port 53 as well
must have “.is” zone

None of those four is met?

1. The TTL of which record?
  2. Registered with them? Not sure, you’d need to clarify this with Cloudflare but I somewhat doubt they’d be.
  3. I assume that should be the case.
  4. What does that mean?

So at least #3 would be met and the statement that all four are not met would be wrong.

I didn’t say none of those four was met: “The requirements for hosting that I cannot verify are”

So that’s why I’m asking here. To find out if those criteria are met.

Well, your registrar should explain which criteria is not met.

#3 most likely is. #1 is unclear, your “www” record has a TTL of 5 minutes, but that shouldnt matter too much. #2 and #4 are unclear as well.

It really is up to your registrar to explain what the issue is I am afraid.