Is Cloudflare slowing down?

I have a Movie site. When I watch, the loading is slow. I tried to figured out. So I disconnect my SSL to turned Off. the loading was disappeared and was fast. What happened to cloudflare?
My ISP normal speed: 25mbps
cloudflare SSL turn on flexible: -1mbps

My Wesbite also slow down so I turned off my SSL now. I have a Movie site. When I watch, the loading is slow. I tried to figured out. So i disconnect my SSL, I turned Off. the loading was disappeared and was fast. What happened to cloudflare?
My ISP normal speed: 25mbps
cloudflare SSL turn on flexible: -1mbps

Are you serving the video through Cloudflare?

If you don’t have a commercial agreement with CF to deliver video, Cloudflare might reduce the performance of your site, or block the video completely.

2 Likes

No. my Site is a Movie website and has 2 thousand Movies. for almost 3 months I use this CF but I never experienced reduced my performances unless yesterday. I dont think CF has an issue with Movies or Videos.

im using this CF for just SSL certificate only.

See section 2.8 of the standard terms

Use of the Services for serving video … is prohibited, unless purchased separately …

2 Likes

HLS might be the only sane way to use CF free and a streaming site. Range requests work on CF but they r sketchy, for example CF POP cache must download and store the entire video, before it allows CF cache range requests. Prior to that your range requests goto origin. If you have no login concept, just disable HTTPS/SSL. Since my sites have no login concept/static, I set them to flexible. https in browser address bar works if u type it by hand, but HTTP from browser to CF and from cf 2 origin is fine with me.

Also if you are in Asia you really need to look what POP you are connecting to and where is your origin server on planet Earth? CF sometimes sends free plan clients to POPs on different continents for load balancing to a very underutilized DC, if your local DC is under a DDOS attack or generally high demand in that hour. Last week my local POP Newark New Jersey USA had a documented full connectivity outage and for 45 minutes my free plan websites were coming from Melbourne Australia with 250 ms TTFB for cache hit file, CF paid was coming from IAD/Asburn VA/Washington DC .

This is also contrary to the terms, and CF have started to take action against sites that deliver large amounts of video, audio and other media through their network.

CF have two streaming products at the moment, Cloudflare Stream (where you upload your assets and Cloudflare segment and deliver using HLS and DASH) and Cloudflare Stream Delivery, which uses the standard proxies to deliver video. Both are paid products.

1 Like

Your SSL/TLS Setting Recommendation

Hello,

Thanks for enabling SSL/TLS Recommender in the dashboard. You’re receiving this email because our security service observed the SSL/TLS mode for [ is Flexible but would benefit from the additional security provided by Full .

No. i think it was not. they message me now saying to adjust my ssl to full

Your SSL/TLS Setting Recommendation

Hello,

Thanks for enabling SSL/TLS Recommender in the dashboard. You’re receiving this email because our security service observed the SSL/TLS mode for *[ is Flexible but would benefit from the additional security provided by Full .

nothing, something else. my website in firefox has 5xx error. while on google runs normally.

no base on the rule my website is passed. that is why they allowed me to acces on ssl full certification. my content is not base on 2.8 rules.

my website now is runs normally in full certificate not flexible. CF emailed me they reviewed my website and they recommended me to click the SSL full cerfification.

Stream does not play video through your domain and has nothing to do with your site settings or performance. It uses something like videodelivery.net as its source.

But based on this:

It sure seems like you’re not using Stream, which is paid add-on. And that puts you squarely in violation of ToS 2.8, as @michael pointed out.

1 Like

no. my website now runs normally. my site is just using an html code. i dont have any movies i uploaded on my site.

my site is stream to imdb sites

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.