Is Challenge Passage = captcha?

not sure the difference between captcha and Challenge Passage. could you please explain?

I added a page rule to apply high security to a customized login page and didnt enable captcha.
So, do Privacy Pass Support still help ? i am not sure if it has things to do with Challenge Passage or it is only for captcha ?

@Rocky.sy,

Challenge Passage, Captcha and Privacy Pass Support are three different features:

• Challenge Passage: Specify the length of time that a visitor, who has successfully completed a Captcha or JavaScript Challenge, can access your website. When the configured timeout expires, the visitor will be issued a new challenge. Challenge Passage does not apply to Rate Limiting unless the rate limit is configured to issue a challenge.

• Captcha:
    ** Useful for ensuring that the visitor accessing the site is human, not automated
    ** The client that made the request must pass a Captcha Challenge.
    ** If successful, Cloudflare accepts the matched request; otherwise, it is blocked.

• Privacy Pass Support: Privacy Pass is a browser extension developed by the Privacy Pass Team to improve the browsing experience for your visitors. Enabling Privacy Pass will reduce the number of CAPTCHAs shown to your visitors.

I added a page rule to apply high security to a customized login page and didnt enable captcha.
So, do Privacy Pass Support still help ? i am not sure if it has things to do with Challenge Passage or it is only for captcha ?

I assume that you want to protect your login page from a brute force attack mainly. You still need to create a Firewall Rule and challenge /login path.

Also, Rate Limiting feature is also useful to protect your login page from brute-force attempts. For more details, please check: Configuring Cloudflare Rate Limiting – Cloudflare Help Center

2 Likes

my goal is stop spam registered users.
I used a plugin firewall “cerber” and without any captcha, it stopped all the spam. Now I am trying to achieve same with cloudflare. I don’t want to use captcha.

could you please explain what security measures does this “high security” page rule provide ?

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.