Is Challenge Passage = captcha?

not sure the difference between captcha and Challenge Passage. could you please explain?

I added a page rule to apply high security to a customized login page and didnt enable captcha.
So, do Privacy Pass Support still help ? i am not sure if it has things to do with Challenge Passage or it is only for captcha ?

@Rocky.sy,

Challenge Passage, Captcha and Privacy Pass Support are three different features:

• Challenge Passage: Specify the length of time that a visitor, who has successfully completed a Captcha or JavaScript Challenge, can access your website. When the configured timeout expires, the visitor will be issued a new challenge. Challenge Passage does not apply to Rate Limiting unless the rate limit is configured to issue a challenge.

• Captcha:
    ** Useful for ensuring that the visitor accessing the site is human, not automated
    ** The client that made the request must pass a Captcha Challenge.
    ** If successful, Cloudflare accepts the matched request; otherwise, it is blocked.

• Privacy Pass Support: Privacy Pass is a browser extension developed by the Privacy Pass Team to improve the browsing experience for your visitors. Enabling Privacy Pass will reduce the number of CAPTCHAs shown to your visitors.

I added a page rule to apply high security to a customized login page and didnt enable captcha.
So, do Privacy Pass Support still help ? i am not sure if it has things to do with Challenge Passage or it is only for captcha ?

I assume that you want to protect your login page from a brute force attack mainly. You still need to create a Firewall Rule and challenge /login path.

Also, Rate Limiting feature is also useful to protect your login page from brute-force attempts. For more details, please check: Configuring Cloudflare Rate Limiting – Cloudflare Help Center

2 Likes

my goal is stop spam registered users.
I used a plugin firewall “cerber” and without any captcha, it stopped all the spam. Now I am trying to achieve same with cloudflare. I don’t want to use captcha.

could you please explain what security measures does this “high security” page rule provide ?

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

@Rocky.sy

could you please explain what security measures does this “high security” page rule provide ?

High security level in page rules challenges all visitors that exhibit threatening behavior within the last 14 days when the threat score is greater than 0. For more details, please review this KB article: Understanding the Cloudflare Security Level – Cloudflare Help Center.

my goal is stop spam registered users.

Please check https://www.cloudflare.com/en-gb/products/bot-management/. Our Bot Management solution prevents Content Spam.