IPv6 incompatible with system

Hi everyone,

Currently, I’m developing a system for a Minecraft server that runs through Cloudflare as a system proxy.

Minecraft only allows us to retrieve the IPv4 of a player and not the IPv6 of a player. This renders the generation of links incompatible with IP verification to ensure that the user who opens the link and associates their account is the same user who generated the link from in-game.

I’ve check the Dashboard for configuration options, and found an option that is disabled which allows me to turn off IPv6 generation. I am unable to change this option.

I’m unsure what to do at this point, as we have no way of verifying that the link is being used by the same person who generated it. If anyone has any ideas, I would be grateful for the input.

Thanks,
redstonedesigner

This has to be done using the API:

curl -X PATCH "https://api.cloudflare.com/client/v4/zones/ZONE_ID/settings/ipv6" \
     -H "X-Auth-Email: EMAIL" \
     -H "X-Auth-Key: API_KEY" \
     -H "Content-Type: application/json" \
     --data '{"value":"off"}'
1 Like

Thank you for your suggestion - I will give this a go and see what happens within the system.

One question, however - Will this render the site inaccessible to users who have an IPv6 address, or will it just default them to the IPv4 that they have available to them?

It will default to IPv4 as there won’t be a AAAA record indicating an IPv6 address for the server.

Attempting to use your code snippet appears to result in the following error:

{"success":false,"errors":[{"code":6003,"message":"Invalid request headers","error_chain":[{"code":6103,"message":"Invalid format for X-Auth-Key header"}]},{"code":6007,"message":"Malformed JSON in request body"}],"messages":[],"result":null}

My command: curl -X PATCH "https://api.cloudflare.com/client/v4/zones/ZONE_ID/settings/ipv6" -H "X-Auth-Email: EMAIL" -H "X-Auth-Key: KEY" -H "Content-Type: application/json" --data '{"value":"off"}'

Just to be clear, you replaced the ZONE_ID, EMAIL and KEY with the relevant parameters for your account.

That is correct, yes. I replaced them and also tried substituting them for “Authorization: Bearer KEY”, which got the errors down to {"success":false,"errors":[{"code":6007,"message":"Malformed JSON in request body"}],"messages":[],"result":null}

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.