iPhone not able to connet to my mail server to send email

I have an onsite Microsoft exchange server. I am using CloudFlare with a proxied CNAME. My companies iPhones can receive email, although delayed, however the phones cannot send any mail.

Any suggestions will help.
Thanks,

Alan

The device is most likely configured to send using a hostname that’s set to :orange: Proxied. I bet the Receive email hostname is different from the Send mail hostname. See if you can switch the send host to the receive one. It should be the same server, regardless of hostname.

1 Like

I can send mail from Outlook Web Access using a remote computer to my mail server. However, the same settings on my iPhone does not. Any additional help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Alan

Here’s more detailed information:

1 Like

Thanks for the tutorial, however, this is not my problem. Email delivery works as long as the proxy for the CNAME is not on. The problem is with having proxy on and trying to send from the iPhone. It seems the iPhone cannot connect to my mail server if the proxy setting is on. This only happens with the iPhone trying to connect to my mail server. Am I missing a setting in Cloudflare?

I’ve already covered this twice. Once in my initial response, and once in the article I linked to. Bottom line is that any hostname that’s set to :orange: Proxied only proxies website traffic. Not email. Any email-related hostname has to be set to :grey: DNS Only.

2 Likes

Thank you for your advise and time

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.